Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good Finds

Today was a day of very good finds. First, as we were walking by a thrift store in Grantham, I saw the cutest coat in the window. So, we go in and see that the coat is only 6 pounds (about $12). It ended up being too short for my super long arms, but at the same store I found a set of 3 Woodstock albums. Remembering that Dif just got a record player, I bought them for her! It opens up into three sections and creates this long view like you're looking from the stage into the crowd. So awesome! I'm so proud of my first souvenir purchase :) Clay found some cute shoes for $6 and a scarf for $2. One of our friends, Sarah, got a wallet for $1! Then, we ventured on to ASDA which was altogether an amazing find. It's basically like our Walmart, just not as big. It has an escalator to go to the top floor which was pretty neat. I picked up a few snacks and drinks, so I won't be starving or dehydrated anymore lol After ASDA, we went to another thrift shop and found a few random fun things, including picture holders of little animals that say Ted and Eric.. random, but a fun little thing to have.

Tonight, we found out who our 'parents' are going to be for the Meet-a-Family program. Jeremy and I had already heard from ours, but everyone else got theirs. We immediately went and creeped them on Facebook (none of them had one) and Google. Apparently, Clay and Katie's parents own some company and are loaded. Hopefully Jeremy and I will have some ballin' parents, too!

The best find of the day was the Pizza King cheese pizza. For 8 pounds ($15), my roommates and I got 2 large pizzas and were full for once. It was so amazing and delicious and wonderful.

This weekend is London, so maybe we will find lots of great things there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment